Our studio is called Nottene and it is pronounced [nuh-ten-uh]. It is a Norwegian word that means nuts. I started a daily drawing practice to simply appreciate the things around me, and now our work comes from a practice of storytelling through drawing. We are inspired by the Maira Kalman line that a painting is truer than a photograph. We think it’s true for drawings too. Officially:
With an MA in textiles from Central St. Martins, illustrator Kimberly has worked from east coast to west, from the UK & Europe in publishing, fashion, and art. She has drawn or designed for Coach, Hussein Chalayan, Anthropologie, and the Denver Art Museum, among others. Now she creates custom illustration and textile work out of her studio in Philadelphia. She also has freckles.
Oh, and we can be reached at mail at nottene dot net and on the horn at 646 431 6812.
See us at:
Première Vision Paris September 15-17, 2015 Booth 5X59
Première Vision NYC January 19-20, 2016
Design Milk & Marimekko here
Exhibitions & Publishing:
• Alt Summit, 2012, 2013, 2015
• Bust Magazine, natural dyeing article
• Textile Arts Center solo show, the Virgin Knitters
• Identity design from The Land Of included in Basic Identity, published by Index 2010.
• Some of my design work has appeared in Made & Sold by Fl@33.
• Natural dyeing How-To video here from Etsy labs .
• profile in Coroflot's Magazine